Served as part of the Lancaster House 8-Course Tasting Menu, Head Chef, Damien, is happy to share the recipe for you to try at home.
- 1.5 lbs (0.68 kg) course oatmeal
- 1.5 lbs (0.68 kg) plain flour
- 0.25 lbs (113 g) butter
- 0.25 lbs (113 g) dripping
- 0.25 lbs (113 g) black treacle
- 0.25 lbs (113 g) brown sugar
- 1 oz (28 g) ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Splash of milk for runny consistency
Melt the butter and dripping over gentle heat. Add all other ingredients. Pour into a lined loaf tin and bake in a low over for 1.5 hours, or until a skewer comes away clean.
At Lancaster House …
We serve this with a rich toffee sauce and a generous helping of Walling’s Vanilla Ice Cream Pearls … Delicious!